Special Sermon by The Rev. Dr. Paul Galbreath on Sunday October 1, 2017
The Rev. Dr. Paul Galbreath is a professor of theology at Union Presbyterian Seminary in Charlotte, NC. He came to the seminary in 2005 from the Office of Theology and Worship where he served as a member of the General Assembly staff for the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). He will be coming to Waldport after serving as Worship Leader for the Presbyterians for Earth Care National Conference being held at the Menucha Retreat and Conference Center in the Columbia River Gorge, September 26-29.
An ordained Presbyterian teaching elder, he has served congregations in Clatskanie, Woodburn, and
Warrenton, Oregon as well as in Tacoma, Washington. One of his primary research interests has
focused on sacramental ethics, or ways to explore connections between worship and daily life.
This work led to the publication of a trilogy of books: Leading from the Table (Alban, 2008),
Leading through the Water (Alban, 2011) and Leading into the World which respectively examine
the eucharist and baptismal liturgies and a Christian commitment to earth care in order to discern
sacramental patterns and practices that are a part of our daily life.
In 1981, he married Jan Vincent Galbreath, who works as a speech pathologist in the Asheville area.
His interests include art, architecture, film, soccer (particularly the Portland Timbers), and baseball.
Sunday 10:30am Worship Service followed by Coffee Mingle*
* Communion is the First Sunday of each month
* Sunday Noon on the Fourth Sundays -- All Church Potluck (Everyone brings a dish to share)
* Sunday Noon on the Fifth Sundays -- Men's Mingle (Men of the church provide the treats for Coffee Mingle)
Tuesday (2nd Tues of month) 5:30pm Read & Feed Dinners
- Free community dinner for all.
- Reading and/or games and crafts for children provided at 5:30 PM before 6 PM dinner is served.
Wednesday 10:00am Bible Study*
* Bible Study does not meet during the summer months